The best time to start on accomplishing goals is to make a bucket list, Here are simple yet effective bucket list tips to help you cross of each item of your list.
1. Be realistic, start small.
I still have the “things I should do before I die “ list, which I created years ago during my teenage. Although, Not even a single item is ticked off from that list till now. To begin with, That bucket list was quite unrealistic. If you are just starting out, Make sure you put attainable goals first. That way, You can effortlessly achieve them and feel accomplished.
Start small. Once you have ticked off a few items on the bucket list, go ahead and add slightly challenging ones, and the next time you see your bucket list, you won’t feel dejected and give up easily.
You can have multiple bucket lists based on the short-term and long-term. This way, it won’t be overwhelming for you to look at such a long list. Alternatively, you can split your bucket list into different categories based on your interests and add some fun.
Here are some examples.
Bucket lists to accomplish before turning 25/30/40.
Bucket list for summer/winter/rainy seasons.
Bucket list for the city you live in (you can add the things you want to do in the city you live in).
Bucket list for your relationship.
Financial bucket list (for the money goals you want to reach).
Items in your list will never be ticked off if you don’t have a clear deadline. Pick three things from your bucket list and have a deadline of 6 months or one year—set reminders. Don’t just make a bucket list, take action.
4. Ask questions.
Ask yourself a series of questions to know what you truly desire to accomplish. Be clear about your dreams and where you want to be in life. Ask yourself what you want to achieve in 1, 3, 5 years from now?.
Here is a set of questions to start with that will help you build your bucket list.
1. What excites you the most?
2. What do you want to accomplish? If you were to die in a month/year?
3. what is your dream destination?
4. What would you do even if you didn’t have unlimited time and money?
5. What are the skills you want to possess?
6. What are the activities that awaken your soul?
7. Who do you want to meet even if you didn’t have a chance?
8. Who are the people you want to be with you when you experience life’s thrilling moments?
9. What is the most thrilling life experience you want to feel?
10. What makes you happy?
5. Find a partner
Life’s best experiences become more meaningful when you share it with another person. Find a person who has similar interests as yours and do it with them. The sense of accomplishment feels even more rewarding when you have someone to share it with.